About the Transfer Agreement

  Home Page
  About the Transfer Agreement
  Transfer with an Associates Degree
  Transfer without a degree
  NJ's Community Colleges
  NJ's 4-Year colleges and universities
  NJ Transfer Website
Recently, the Governor and state legislature created a law that established a statewide transfer agreement for students transferring from a New Jersey community college to a New Jersey public four-year college or university.

Students can now seamlessly transfer their academic credits from a completed community college Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree program to a Bachelor’s degree program at New Jersey’s public four-year colleges and universities. Associate in Applied Sciences (A.A.S.) degrees, which typically prepare students to enter a career, are not covered by the new transfer law with one exception. Due to an amendment passed in January 2010, participants of the New Jersey Pathways Leading to a College Education (NJ PLACE) program who graduate with an A.A.S. in Technical Studies are covered under the transfer law as of January 2011.

While the law does not cover New Jersey’s private colleges and universities, many of those institutions have established similar policies that allow community college graduates to transfer with full junior standing.